Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I can't believe I forgot about Friday!

When you get to heaven or wherever, I would wager that the taste in your mouth is not the 30 virgins you've been promised, but the falafel sandwich from Maalouf's on Fulton. On Friday evening, 6 of us went out to enjoy the flavors of favas (me & Leon) and schwarmas (the rest of them). It was packed! We waited quietly for a table. This is really not the kind of place to upset the dad/chef. I've seen him throw some people out before. Me, I would never do anything to get banned from this place, so better bet I take it really easy when I go here. Following this philosophy, I was careful not to order anything with wacky substitutions, I silently dealt with the accosting bellydancer (she got two of our guys pretty good) and I tried not to bog down our waitress with my petty requests for refils on my water. Why? Because the falafel is so yum and I can't imagine life without it. I wish this place would open a location downtown.

2 comments:

beckler said...

have you tried the foul mudamas? (I'm spelling it approximately right) It's a fava bean mush kinda like hummus but even better if that's possible. I'm assuming yes cuz you said flavors of favas. That shit is so good!

Teeni said...

I can't believe I've never tried that! Well, I guess that means I have to go back now.