Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I got nothing.

My three day weekend was so not exciting. I cleaned, cooked soup, watched TV, read. Oh, if it wasn't for Sab's fun gift exchange and cheese party on Saturday, I would have called the weekend mostly boring. We brought some goofy white elephant gifts and got some not so goofy ones back.

My car's still out sick. I feel a little spoiled saying this, but being without my car this long is mega-style cramping! I have a lot to do this week. I need to make it to the doctor, the dog needs to go to the vet, niece needs to be taken out for a birthday dinner at Chevy's (her choice, she's only 13) and random other errands need to get done.

Due to popular demand and thousands of hits, Heylove cam is back on!

Here's the soup I cooked:

Soup for Cleaning Out the Fridge on a Three Day Weekend
1/2 cup yellow onion
1 cup carrots
1 cup celery (include tops)
2 pinches of salt
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup water
2 handfulls of pasta
fresh minced parsley
fresh ground black pepper

Get the onion, celery and carrots going in the pot with some oil. Add in the salt, stir, reduce heat to low, cover and sweat for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth and water, then bring to a boil. Add in pasta, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until veggies and pasta are soft. Grind in some pepper, add the parsley and serve.

Nourishment! It was very tasty, but I found myself really hungry again after a couple of hours. Maybe it would have been better served with some good bread or a salad.

4 comments:

Alice said...

so i take it heylove is still sick? poor pooch. don't forget the new plan to get WASTED at Lyon's now that we know they have margeritas on the menu. it'll be like a ghetto version of getting wasted at chevy's but one step up from getting wasted at denny's.

Teeni said...

Heylove is not sick, she has a weird thing happening with her tail. It's too gross to go into detail about. We think her little tail nubbin' is either corkscrewing into her body or the skin under it is mucho infected.

Alice said...

they need to do something about that tail!

Unknown said...

yuum soup!

my new favorite spice mix? Old Bay. specially good in soup.

poor Riblet!