
Okay, my inbox and voicemail are both totally full-so please stop trying to reach me. I know you people really want to read my thoughts reagarding this morning's Weekend Edition piece about the #15 sexiest man in Sweden, Jens Lekman. As Sacramento's numero uno Jens Lekman fan, I've been mulling this over all day, formulating a proper response. Here it is:
Wow. All those UK and Euro people really have this warped view of Californians. I just can't get over it. I'm not annoyed by it though, it's more of an entertaining fascination of why. Why do they think we're year-round beach bums, playing cowboy games to pass the time? They must watch too many movies, because that's not what we do here. Sure, it's a little different here than maybe some parts of the U.S., like maybe you can get veggie burritos easier here than in Kansas City, but come on Jens! You toured here last winter. You've been to LA, SF...who the heck is hanging out on the beach in February in SF? Not any surfing cowboys, that's for sure. Man, what a weirdo. I love him.
And so yeah, I fess up. No one is actually calling or emailing me about anything. It's Saturday night and I'm blogging, so that should be sign enough that I'm just about as bored as bored gets.
5 comments:
well, it's 4:23 a.m. here and i'm on emusic looking for new songs to download. and reading your blog and thinking of the jens announcement made recently. worried? any plans (for work or pleasure) to visit nyc? i just had guests and it was fun. last thing, the photo of riblet in her coat is my favorite thing ever. -you know who
Yeah, I know about the annoucement, about him taking a break, right? I'm not too worried about it. I think it's Jens just being dramatic because his blog says that he's back to the drawing board already. Very, very slight chance I'm coming to NY in March for a bat mitzvah. It would be great to see you-know-who.
Did you hear that interview with him on NPR? Or is that the CA thing you are referring to...? You are probably fully Jens-ified - he has a blog?
Heather
I did hear him on NPR (Weekend Edition is NPR's Saturday/Sunday morning show), that's kind of what prompted my post.
jenslekman.com
click on small talk.
duh. sorry! skimming = bad.
Post a Comment