
I get a lot of stuff at Trader Joe's. It's pretty cheap for us and the quality of their house label items is not really bad at all. For Thanksgiving, I bought some of their hummus for a snack tray. Leon and I were eating it and Leon says, "This tastes wrong. Kind of fishy." Well, when he looked on the label, it says "This product is manufactured on the same equiptment as products containing shelfish and peanuts." Or something like that. So okay, I guess when Joe or whoever was getting ready to pour some hummus on the conveyor belt, he just really didn't hose off all the crab very well. We threw it away, but I was thinking, well that's how they keep some things rather inexpensive, so oh well. I'll deal. But last night I made spaghetti with some of the TJ's pasta and a nice veggie red sauce. I swear, the last time I made this it was with bow ties from TJ's and I thought, "this pasta tastes kind of sweet." Then when I prepared the spaghetti last night, it was the same! It was sweet and smelled like cinnamon. I looked on the back of the package for fine print and it said "manufactured on the same equipment as cinnamon toast crunch." Okay, okay, I'm kidding. But really, the taste of the pasta sort of ruined my meal. My appetite was really unfulfilled all night and I had to have eat a giant chunk of gouda before bed to console myself. I felt better immediately. Cheese makes life so much better.
1 comment:
i never noticed that before with the TJ's products. i'll have to keep my eye out for that. the hummus story sounds gross.
Post a Comment