...but it might be canine flu! Poor riblet. She's been a sick little pupperoni. She's been hacking and coughing since 2 weeks ago. We took her to the vet when it first started happening. They thought it was kennel cough, so we gave her antibiotics for it. They worked, well kind of. She's still coughy and nose runny so she's got to go back to the doctor tomorrow. I think they're going to have UCD test her for the dog flu. Poor ribs.
Last night I went to the pet store to get some stuff for M and J's new little teacup. I saw the cutest little terrier-mix puppy! He was so barky and bouncy, I swear you could reach down and just wind up his tail. But I kind of had to give the owner the effing what for because the pup was only 8 weeks old. In case you're not up on your responsible dog owner rules, you should pretty much never, ever take your puppy out (unless it's to a trusted friend's house or a vet) until it's received all it's vaccinations, whichs is usally by 16 weeks old. The owner was like, "oh, he's had all his shots." Sorry, not at 8 weeks. He's definitely got another round to go. Pups like this can die so easy from parvo and other creepy shit that it's not even worth risking. So often I see people with their too-young pups running around outside or in pet stores showing off and most of the time I elect to not be the know-it-all dog lady, but last night I just had to say something about it.

2 comments:
poor precious pup!
i like the new winter look though.
I need to come visit the lil sick gal and swap books with you! I bought a bookshelf yesterday, so I'll be actually going through my books this weekend, so it will be done!
Hooray!
Post a Comment