
We went to visit Amy in LA this weekend.

Chris caravaned with us down there. He was driving to Phoenix anyway.

We all ate lunch at Canter's on Fairfax.

And got some hammentachen to go.

Later, we got hungry again, so Amy whipped up this snack. Dates with goat cheese.

Leon savors a morsel.

Ella came to visit and fixed this really scary looking pilot light.

There were cute things all over Amy's place. Like these beads.

And this elegant unicorn tapestry.

Y, la tortuga.

Wine? Oui!!

The next day we went to walk around Santa Monica. We put on our shades and tried not to look like tourists.

Am I blending in?

We walked over the catwalk to the pier.

Address from a swanky home on the beach.

Elephant at the arcade on the pier.

Sign for a restaurant on the pier. "Eat here! I'm delicious."

I didn't want to ride any rides, so I got called a pussy.

Then we went for beers.

And had our only celebrity sighting.

We did a bunch of other stuff. Including going to Echo Park for some club. We got dinner first at the Brite Spot.

There were so many vegetarian choices on the menu, it took forever to decide what to get. Grilled cheese or salad?

So I got half sandwich, cup of soup. It was pretty good.

The club was kind of lame. The bands were boring and the drinks were too expensive, so we left. In the morning, we got bagels at a coffee place. They had great coffee, but terrible bagels. This one tasted like it had been soaking in some old dishwater.

We also squeezed in some quality time with relatives in Laguna Beach.

And caught some nature in action.

More nature, acting natural.

Before we left in the morning, we went to the farmer's market for breakfast. I had the fruit.

No, wait. I had a fierce, gastro-intestinal war with the fruit and won.

Uhh, this sauce doesn't look so appetizing.

We hit the road for a while, but made a point to hit Pea Soup Andersen's.

Ordered the Traveler's Special, which includes a bottomless bowl of soup, bread...

Spices...

And Flavor Magic.

I ate two bowls, but shouldn't have. This is the second one.
We came home today and pretty much crashed out from too many awesome times.
2 comments:
next time you are out in nyc i will take you to the best bagel place ON EARTH. i will tell you that it is in brooklyn but other than that i cannot divulge info on it in a public blog. and i used to think noah's bagels had good bagels...
hey you!
it looks like you guys had a colorful time! my phone is missing, but before it went astray, i saw that you called. soon...
Post a Comment