Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I flake for free beer

I was going to eat at Spataro last night but flaked at the last minute. Instead I met up with some co-workers to Centro. Some people were jumping ship and someone decided to throw a hit-the-road-jack party. They had free beers and quesadillas. It was way more low-key and I couldn't refuse. I wouldn't have paid for Spataro either, but after work I was feeling really tired of being on all day and didn't feel like I could've hacked my way through a business meal. Yeah, I pussed out.

I meant to go turn in my absentee ballot today on my lunch break but forgot. Wait, I know I'm not that spacey but I almost got pulled over by a lady cop on a motorcycle for making a California stop on my way to the polling place. I got kind of freaked out after that and ended up driving back to work. I was more than halfway there before I realized I forgot to go vote.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa. weird.

i DID get pulled over this morning for doing a CA roller.

thank god my cop was nice and just tisk-tisked me. no ticket and i was on my way, safer and wiser.


p.s. how fitting - my word verification is adope.

Teeni said...

Whoa. Was yesterday a sting or something? When I say I almost got pulled over, I mean that I got an agressive hand gesture from the lady cop. She pointed me out and wildly made the universal "so-so" sign at me after my CA stop. Glad neither of us got tickets. So expensive!

Unknown said...

you know, i got pulled over by a lady on a motorcycle.

wonder if it was the same cop?