Monday, May 16, 2005

It's the weekend, digitized, televised.

Secret show was on Friday. The party-party scene was in full effect and lameness was afoot. I got slugged in the neck and some sore, sore feet from my fabulous, new cork wedges. Then don't forget the really f'ing annoying conversation in the unisex bathroom. The music was fine, but really, I could have enjoyed this better at a party or in my car.

Saturday wasn't much more exciting, but the dog had fun. As an alumni to the 4 Paws Puppy Kindergarten, she has an open invitation back for puppy freeplay. After hearing that there was another boston in the class, we showed up thinking Heylove was going to be so stoked, right? She loves tons of dogs, but she loves her some other bostons. So we were sad when the teachers were too squirty with the bad dog water and so poor riblet just gave up. She layed in the grass and barely moved the whole time.


I thought I was going out for second Saturday with Ratso, but she flaked so I just layed on the couch watching home improvement shows. Then got up later for a Jimboys binge, and more TV until I crashed out. That's my Saturday night.


Sunday we birthdayed in the park for my niece. She's 6 and by her own account, a D-I-V-A. Cake, presents and bbq (my sweet dad made us veg-ka-bobs with tofu and neat balls). I brought Heylove in the bounce house, but she didn't like it.


Then we went home and layed around watching an old western on TV starring a young, foxy Gregory Peck, before we got up to meet for beers before yet another Fools Foundation show. Yay, we got lovely presents from Italy! Balsamico and Limoncello, but not intended to go together.


Then we watched the MC Dickens show. Ow, my feet.


The music was very pleasant.


But the concrete floors in there made my feet and back hurt so bad that I just got cranky.


Plus shows like this, I like but can't really get into without a drink and a cushy chair.

No comments: