Thursday, February 24, 2005

The lame crybaby post.

My birthday is coming up and I hate how it's making me feel. Ok, ok...it really is just pms that's making me feel this way, but dudes, it's been a really crappy week. I feel like a really un-funny Larry David in almost every aspect of my life. From the people in the coffee line at Raley's that take 5 minutes trying to explain the drink they want to replicate from Starbucks when I only want a small, black coffee, to the puppy that will never have a concept of timely defication or that shoes are not food, to my family who drives me crazy with the humor they pin to my father's condition, and to work where I can't go into details about it but work is still crazy and I feel totally underappreciated. For the past 3 months I have worked super hard on a couple of big projects and have gotten almost zero recognition. At our monthly staff meetings they award an employee of the month, and last month they had to take a poll of who hasn't won yet. Super. Glad to know that it's down to us few that have to win sooner or later, whether or not we deserve it...

On Saturday Jens Lekman is playing in SF. I bought tickets yesterday and made reservations at Greens for dinner. We still don't have a sitter for the dog. She's so needy, I don't know if anyone is going to want to do it except maybe my parents. I am sure they will probably feed her chocolates and teach her to chew on shoes.

If I could have a birthday wishlist it would be: the day off from work, a milk shake and a foot rub. Maybe dinner at Benihana or some Thunder Valley action.

Taking a quick stock check, I have no birthday plans for Sunday, a party that was partly planned, rescheduled and then completely forgotten about, one crappy week, a good cry just begging to come out, and a credit for a spanking for being such a goddamn baby.

No comments: