Friday, May 21, 2004

Wack

I just went and re-read the last month of posts. I am so boring.

For the first time in about forever months, I really don't have anything to do this weekend. With all the wedding planning and mumbo-jumbo the past few months, every weekend I had was sucked up into making boring decisions about flowers, decorations and spending wads of cash. In the most recent weeks, I've been pretty sick with the flu, so I've been spending those weekends in bed or on the couch watching the Food Network. Now that I'm better and well enough to go out here and there, I still haven't been able to drink much. I'm just scared that the anti-infamitory I'm taking won't go well with a vodka collins. But as I was writing, this weekend...nothing big planned and it seems so nice. I've got a casual game of horse planned for Saturday. I may go see my parents after that. Sunday is the farmer's market. El mercado aire libre.

A few days ago I saw the Shins. Or rather, I stood in an auditorim, crossing and uncrossing my arms for 2.5 hours watching a great band play, while I wished I was sitting down at a table with a cold beer. None of which were present. The Davis Chapter of the Creative Dancers nearly stole the show. I ran into Becky who's getting a job with Bill Smith. She'll be taking couples pictures at proms and that. I am sure I'll get a few special mess ups from her.

A week before that, The Frenchmen played at Edinburgh Castle again. I really enjoy playing shows. Or, at least the idea of playing shows. I never really know what to do with myself while I'm on the stage, or after the performance. I pack up my stuff when we're finished and end up wandering around aimlessly. Sometimes I go get a drink and try to find a nice dark corner to hide in. I always feel just a little bit weird after playing.

A week before that I went to see Belle & Sebastian. Despite my fever of 102 and violent cough, I enjoyed the show very much, but their Greek Theatre show last year was better. I think we caught them on the first show of the tour and maybe they hadn't had a chance to warm up the wit yet. Sadly, there was no after party.

I'm pretty excited about our UK trip. Just a little worried about the food. From watching the Food Network, I get the feeling that all British food has an egg cracked on it. I'm considering going vegan for the two weeks that we're there.







No comments: