Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Cats wearing glasses.

I just remembered a dream I had the other night where my friend's cat was wearing big, goofy eye glasses.

Enough of that. I'm feeling really annoyed by this recall election. I heard a figure somewhere that only 1/35 of the state voted to hold this special election. I am so apalled that such a tiny fraction of the state's population can decide to put us though a stupid, needless $66 million dollar election. I'm so against it. So very against this whole thing.

This weekend was fairly busy. Friday, we watched Rushmore with Mariah & Jarrett. Their new place is nice and their cat is crazy. We were subject to a slideshow of their vacation, and subsequently a slideshow of the cat as well. Here's the cat in a drawer. Here's another one of the cat in the drawer with a Von Dutch hat in the foreground. And so on, and so on. It started to become really funny for me and I almost lost all composure.
Saturday Leon had two shows. I elected to go to the later one because it was within walking distance and that way I had a little time to visit my home away from home, Target. I rarely cruise the clothes section there, but did this time and found two tops. At Target! Then I went to Nordstrom rack, spritzed myself with Burberry cologne, stuffed my foot into about 30 left shoes and left empty handed. I felt somewhat victorious for not buying anything, but also defeated. I still might go back and get those loafers. Yes, I said loafers. Then I came home, ate some dinner, made a drink and got ready to meet Leon at his show. I showed up and didn't really know anyone, so I found some people I kinda new and sat by them. I talked to Mr. Hart and Mr. Knives for a while then meandered over to the Head and Mr. Maxwellhouse. We made tentative plans to go to the Townhouse, but spent too much time drinking coors light in the loft parking lot. Why there, I don't know. Just because I guess. Then I met back up with Mr. Leon and we decided to go back and watch the Four Eyes. But it didn't exactly happen like that. We stood outside of the club and pretended to be interested in ceramic cows in the window display next door. Chris was so distracted or drunk that he kept refering to them as pigs. I got tired of correcting him after a while and they were all pigs. So since I spent a lot of time hanging out with people I only kind of knew and was feeling sort of lonely, so Leon and I decided to blow the whole place off and hit Del Taco. We spent all our change and very few dollars on two quesadillas, a works burrito, a rootbeer and the largest fries I've ever had. They were served in a 32 oz cup! In the morning we woke up with all of that french fry grease seeping out of our pores. Yuck.
I am never drinking beer again. I woke up in the morning, after only drinking vodka drinks all night, feeling like a fucking champ. We lazed around and then went to brunch at Sunflower's. After that, we went to visit our baby niece Marbles. We brought her a weird tennis ball toy and a bull penis. I think she liked the ball, have yet to hear about the bully stick. Then we went home and napped before meeting up with my sister for dinner. Yum, Caballo Blanco. I should have ordered something else though. I didn't really like the quesadillas, but not because they weren't great, which they were, but I was more interested in the enchiladas and regreted not ordering them. I ruined my own dining experience. I have to go back and correct the experience.

Sigh.

No comments: