Monday, May 12, 2003

I am going to kick you in the head nine times.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm getting lamer as I get older. Fuddy. Duddy. I've been thinking about live music lately, local and not local, but mostly hardcore bands. There's this person I know of, who believes that a show is not a good show unless there's nighttrain involved or somebody gets kicked in the head. Here's my dillema: While I consider myself fairly open minded about music and I've been to all kinds of shows, I just don't have any personal interest if the members of a band feel the need to inflict violence on an unsuspecting audience (mainly me, who would be standing up front, not because I'm cruising for a beating, but because I'm short and I like to see who's playing what and how). I guess I just don't understand it. If bringing down the comfort barrier is part of a band's act, then that's fine. Just don't aim for the tiny girl in the front, go for that beefy guy who's begging to be smacked in the face with the tuning pegs. So the question remains, am I a total bummer if I choose not to go to a show because I think I'm going to be hurt at it?


I'll kick you in the head and then I'll kick you in the head and then I'll kick you in the head.


No comments: