Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Do what I say now.

I get really impatient with impatient people. Here in this office, there's this guy. We'll call him Paul. He can't wait for anything. A meeting was once too long, so he got up and paced around the room, agonizingly rubbed his temples, sighed loudly until the meeting was over. He'll call out over the cubes "hey, who distributes Gillian Welch?" A normal person would just look it up in our database system, not Paul. He just can't wait. I get cross with him and it shows. He doesn't ask me for help anymore. Not only does he not have any patience, but he also has no promo ettiquite. I've written about this before. An unspoken rule is that you don't ask for other people's promos so that you can give them to your friends. You may ask occasionally for some one elses promo, if it is for yourself and it's something that you really want. One's promos are one's bidness. Furthermore, you don't brag about it to your vendors. It's just not cool to tell your vendors that your giving their promotional materials to people (his friends) that would normally buy the product, boosting sales. It's also not cool to tell them or anybody else that you are abusing your company discount by purchasing several copies of the same CD to sell to your friends at a discounted price.

I bite my tounge, but not my typing fingers.




No comments: