Thursday, April 03, 2003

Gang of Snails

I find this absolutely horrifying. I'm so phobic of mollusks that my
toes are curled tight as I type this. One evening a few years ago I
was ready to turn in for the night, but still needed to take the dogs
out to pee. So I leashed one up and brought her out in the front
yard, leaving my glasses and shoes inside. So I'm walking along the
front walk way and I step on and pop what I thought was maybe a
ketchup packet. So I stoop to look down and examen what I stepped on
and it was none other than a big, gross slug. I screamed like a
little girl and ran inside with tears streaming down my face. What's
worse, is that a few months prior to that I had posted a no slugs
sign in that front yard. It was printed clearly with the
international "No Slugs" symbol (Slug with a red circle and cross
through it). My roommate later told me that the smooshed slug was
travelling away from the house. Apparently the sign was working, but
the time it took for a slug to actually notice it and go the other
way was just far too long for me. I'm not sure if I've recovered yet.

I swear that thing popped.

Teeni

--- Other Amy wrote:
> But it wasn't grapes. It was 4 giant snails. And they crawled
> there on their own volition.
>
> I am suspicious about beds in general now and always peel them back
>
> before jumping in.

No comments: