Thursday, March 27, 2003

Don't call it a comeback.

I've been here for years. Thank goodness I'm back in Sacramento. A recent work-trip to Seattle and Portland only confirmed my true love of Sacramento. Here are some haikus to illustrate my experiences. Overall, it wasn't bad. I'd have had more fun if I weren't working.

Seattle
Seafood restaurants,
why must there be so many?
No fish for me please.

Damn this stupid place.
The streets are so confusing.
Where is free parking?

At Sorry Charlie's,
it's like a David Lynch film.
Red lights, smoky air.

Cha Cha Lounge, cheap drinks.
John from 764-Hero
serves me beer, that's weird.

In Capitol Hill,
they have veggie restaurants.
My boss won't eat there.

Portland
Big city, you aren't.
Tiny town with tall buildings.
Yeah, that's more like it.

Running out of gas:
"Ma'am, don't get out of the car.
I'll pump it for you."

Laurelhurst, the homes!
So cheap, so big, and so old.
Sure, I could live here.



No comments: