Monday, May 20, 2002

Artwork currently unavailable.



This weekend was busy, fun and a tiny bit exciting. Okay, my new favorite restaurant is Michaelangelo's and baked goat cheese salad is the salad of the millenium. Last night I tried to eat a salad at Jack's, but I could only think of Michaelangelo's bakey goat cheese. All other salads just cower in comparison. So, on Friday we ate there and Kelley had the free wine flowing all night. Needless to say, we had a hard time leaving. We walked over to Townhouse anyway, but we could have totally went without it and probably should have.

On Saturday, I did my secret shop at Ross. It was a little more labor intensive than I thought it would be and I'm not sure if I'd do it again. I was supposed to buy two things, then return them both. The problem was, once I started browsing, I found so many things that I liked and didn't want to return. It was a shopping dillema of near massive proportions. I ended up doing the shop just as I was supposed to, but I couldn't help but feel defeated by this clearance retailer. Ross, you may have won this time but next time I'm going to buy all of the smoked, blue glass plates for $1.50 each, those camel colored Chinese Laundry shoes, that little red Kenneth Cole bag and you can do nothing about it. After that I spent 30 bucks on cat stuff to show off my consumer confidence. Around half past three, we met with Dan and later, Heather at the Streets of London for game watching. Lost to LA again. Around 8 we left for karaoke in Japantown. It was pretty fun, Amy came in after her shift at work and sang a little with us. She and Leon snuck out to find tiny bottles of wine and foaties. The tiny wines they brought back were the same size and shape of the small Kikkoman's bottle. I felt like I was drinking a tiny bottle of soy sauce, not wine. We were tired, so Amy let us sleep at her new digs in Bayview. It's the most awesome house ever. It's got gorgeous molding, huge rooms two stair cases, a huge garage, and easy roof access through the bathroom window. From up there you could see the bay and candlestick point.
Early Sunday morning we fell asleep on the teddy bear couch, sleep ing head to foot. I woke up a little hung over, craving tofu scramble. Luckily, we were able to nurse me back to health at Boogaloo's. It was the best tofu scramble I had ever eaten in my life. We had the longest, rainy drive back to Sacramento. We got home around three and I napped until practice. Our show is on Tuesday with Aden, the Bright Ideas and Currituck County. I still don't know what time.
Later.

No comments: