Or: This post sucked.
Friday. Work was slow. I tastefully cut out 5 minutes early. I don’t think anyone noticed. I headed over to band practice at 6, no one was set up so I made a Jimboy’s run for everyone. I think this was the kick we needed, because we proceeded to have the best practice ever. That and maybe because Charles moved his drums around to the right way and I actually know most of the songs now.
Busy Saturday. Waking up at 7, the morning was a whirlwind of treadmill running, haus cleaning and party food shopping. I got some prep cooking done before two VSJ people showed up for Sacramento sights. We took the VSJ lot to ales and fries. Then I parted ways with everyone so that I could get to the fondue party and set up cooking camp. I totally must have misjudged the time it would take me to cook stuff because the food didn’t even get ready until 8:30.
The Menu:
Beer Cheese Fondue
Raclette and Swiss Fondue
Mediterranean Tomato-Arugula Fondue
Chocolate Fondue
Roasted Red Pepper, Olive and Caper Salad
Top Shelf Green Salad
Tepanade Bruchetta
Fresh Tomato Bruchetta
Spinach-Artichoke Dip
Asparagus With Toasted Sesame Seeds and Sea Salt
Various dippies: Fingerling potatoes, bite size pieces of crusty bread, colby, jack and fresh veggies. Fresh fruit, angel food cake, cheese cake for the chocolate fondue.
The kitchen was totally wrecked. I drank lots of wine and ate too much cheese. Some lames, knowing full well that it was a dinner party, showed up saying they had already eaten. So, now I have a whole pot of congealed beer cheese that looks way to scary to eat. All considered, everything came out well. The best part was just watching everyone eat.
It’s Sunday, I’m in love. Sometimes it just hits me. That I love my life with you. My chest tightens up and I get all shy.
Poor Leon lost his voice, but it made for some very entertaining Barry White and Guru impressions. We’re getting a couch next week. The Apartment 2C, First Annual Spoon-athon begins next Sunday at sundown.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment