Friday, February 22, 2002

Busy Signals.



Yes, I'm not dead. Just busy. Work has been non-stop. I eat at my desk, my telephone is sewed to my ear and my fingers are glued to this keyboard. I come home half dead and go to sleep at incredibly reasonable hours. Something has to give.

I've been sort of down about band stuff since last practice. I was feeling right lame for not knowing the songs well, so I kind of gave up. Last week I just sat on a milk crate all practice. I just kind of thought that since I wasn't any good, that they would just replace me anyway, so why bother? So Leon and I had a talk. He told me that they really wanted me in the band, but I just had to practice and work at it if I wanted to know the songs. So I did, now I feel a little better, but not 100%. I feel good enough to practice tonight and not look pouty. I'm just not that good at music and everyone else in the band is. I wasn't meant to be in a band.
So we have a show lined up for April. Maybe if I have a deadline, I'll feel more motivated to get better.

I'm listening to "Hey Jude" right now. I wish Paul McCartney wouldn't just scream like that. It kind of creeps me out.
Later.

No comments: