I have a new found love for asparagus. I think it took me a while to realize that I liked asparagus because it reminded me of when I was little and we were kind of poor. Once, we took a drive down to the river to pick wild asparagus and whatever other edibles we could find in the fields around the river. I remember tromping through the tall grass, inhaling cotton from the cottonwood trees, picking and eating the sweet, baby, crayon sized asparagus. I think my dad also picked some mustard greens (they cook up just like spinach) and that's all I can remember about that. Maybe someone fell in the river, too because I remember laughing. I especially love asparagus tempura, now. If anyone out there wants to take me for appetizers and sushi tonight, you know where to take me.
Sometimes when nutrition bars are fortefied with extra protein, I can really taste it and boy does it taste like burning!
On the other hand some stuff is not good for you. Or good for these 12 people, but the pictures and commentary are pretty interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment