Monday, November 12, 2001

>Fashion Forward.

Hello, we are robots.

We had a pretty fun weekend. Friday we went to Ben's house warming party. It was better than some of his other parties, which have had weird vibes. This time, there were a different lot of people, less alcohol, and board games. Saturday we did normal day stuff, the gym, a little shopping. Later that evening we went to Heather and Dan's for Heather's birthday dinner and drinks. A bunch of recently transplanted Floridians, and some Bay Area people showed up. We all went ice skating at an outdoor rink near downtown plaza. For some of us, it was our first time. After a very painful trip around the rink in too small skates, I switched to a bigger pair. Apparently this must be the trick to ice skating, because I really felt like Brian Boytano or something. I was doing turns and tricks in no time. It was raining a little and the ice was pretty slushy, which I guessed was not favorable, so I fell once on my knees. After that we went drinking at the Townhouse and did some karaoke. That place is not satisfactory for a karaoke hog like me. You have to wait for everyone to get a turn before you can have a second or a third turn. I mean, I turned in a request at 11:45 pm and still didn't get called when I left at almost 2 AM. Leon was pretty tossed, and he threw up. I got chased by a drag queen, I am imagining that she wanted to dance with me, but I can only guess. I had quite a bit of wine and danced the vogue and the Axl Rose dance. Somehow I drove us the eight blocks home. We woke up Sunday morning feeling like a bunch of champs, which quickly downgraded to a bunch of sick champs. Fortunately it was nothing a little bit of Cornerstone couldn't cure. So we spent much of the day laying down, and eating. Still not completely cured of last night's indulgence, I decided to try the last known hangover cure, Roundtable pizza. It worked like a charm, but it was hell getting the stupid pizza. Some rowdy kid spilled some soda, and the lady bringing our pizza totally slipped, fell and dropped everything. We had to wait forever!
Now, I'm ready to start my work week.
Later.

No comments: