Monday, September 24, 2001

>Back to the 916.
Boy am I glad that I don't live in Phoenix. It's a hot, dry palm tree frenzy land of golf courses and terrible intersections. Only bird of paradise flowers would have made it Orange County's bizarro ugly twin. Oh yes, and there were far too many metal horses as public art. It did have one redeeming quality, which was the interesting architecture in downtown Phoenix. Our hotel was funny. There was a huge tropical themed atrium and a koi pond. I was told that in japanese comics, koi make a sound that says "poa". The wall art in the atrium was a cliffside mural complete with cave art in the rendered "caves". I half expected Chaka to run out at me. The suite that I stayed in was bigger than my entire apartment here. I drove around, got fusrtrated and cranky about the heat, then stayed in the hotel most of Saturday. Later we went to the party, but didn't know anyone, so we left early to watch tv and drink wine. Sunday we visited the Christown store, which was next to a depressing 99 cents store. I picked up the Radiohead CD for Leon and I got the score to The Virgin Suicides movie, performed by Air that I've been looking all over for. It's creamy. Flying didn't make me as nervous as I thought. The flight back was sort of windy but everything turned out okay. I could tell immediately once we reached California. The ground below was all lush, green hills, mountains, and patchwork flat lands. I wonder if I really died on the trip and am now living in my own bizarro world?
Later.

No comments: