Saturday, July 28, 2001

>Even the print of the newspaper she's reading is beautiful
Saturday. I got up this morning around 8:30 am. I talked to Becky for a little bit. She was calling to tell me that Poppa wasn't doing too well and was in the hospital. She's pretty upset, I can't imagine. She and Justin have been cleaning out his house, they expect to move in soon. We all knew that Poppa saved things, but I guess it's pretty extreme. She told me how she threw away tons of styrene meat trays, Kentucky Fried Chicken spork and wet nap packs from 1960, newspapers and just bits and junk. It turns out that he's in the same hospital as my grandmother. I haven't seen her in about 2 years. The last time, she didn't know who I was. My mom goes fairly often, she's probably the only one.
So I just layed around and watched Twin Peaks episodes all day, and slept. I wonder if I have mono again.
Last night I went to Todd's house to see Denise's band play. The Tangles played too. They're always so loud. We said hello to everyone and goodbye to no one. We were going to see Jonathan Richman afterwards, but then we found out that it cost 10 bucks. Think of how much food we can buy fot 10 bucks. We decided not to go. Instead we tried to watch a movie but we fell asleep. Thank goodness I get free videos. I woke up later to the ghetto bird calling out a description of some guy they were looking for. They were still doing it this morning. Why would some suspected robber still be hiding over here? It kills me. Bad food: Calzones from the co-op, veggie chicken from Shanghi Garden.
Raw deal: The video store doesn't have the last two Twin Peaks episodes.
Habit: Napping.
On the radio: This American Life
Later.

No comments: