Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The land where summer almost never ended



The heat this summer was especially hard on me and my hair care regimen. My dark hair attracts sunlight, so I can work up a sweat just walking down the street. Add that to my fitness classes, where I sweat from my scalp like a drip system three times a week and I start feeling like a dirty grease ball. Because I can't wash my hair too often (it takes forever and tears to tame it after each wash), it's been tough trying to look fresh during the week. There were definitely times when I thought it would stay hot forever. I began imagining my new life as this: 90 degree weather every week until eternity and me just melting down the road like I'm part of a Salvador Dali painting.

That said, I am so pleased with this fall weather. Fall forever, thank you. I celebrated at Target with a pumpkin spice latte.

I think we're almost ready for Halloween at the Teeni house. We have Ira's costume made (he's a Jawa), the pumpkin carved (Minecraft!), candy bought (includes Kit Kats, sorry babe, or you're welcome?) and our couples costume is ready to go. I talked Leon into being Wayne and Garth with me, mostly so I could get another use out of my David Bowie in Labyrinth wig. I'm so glad Garth does not wear crazy eye make up because the face I had to put on for the Goblin King was so tedious. I am not great at doing make up where it has to look like you're wearing it. I can do no-make up, make up like a champ. We even watched the movie again and it holds up! Party on, Wayne! Party on Garth!
















2 comments:

cam said...

I also watched Wayne's World this weekend, for the first time since the original release. It really does hold up well. I was looking up the ages of all the actors and couldn't believe they were so much younger than me at the time of the movie. They seemed super old at the time.

Teeni said...

Ahh! I do that too. I look up the ages all the time.

Leon and I were talking about how this movie could not have been made even one year later. It was released right on the uptick of grunge, Generation X, all those pop culture things that defined the '90s.