Friday, July 19, 2013

It's Not About Big Sur





Okay, here's some content! Words and images on a screen. Fresh, hot internet. It's not Big Sur, which I said I would post about, but no one's keeping track anyway except me. I mean, I keep putting this off because even though I think of something to write about, I immediately shoot it down because it's not about Big Sur. Maybe I'll get around to it before we go there next year. In the meantime I have forgotten all of the things I thought fit to write about. So here we are. And I'm not even mentioning how handsome my child is in these pictures because it is clear as day. Never mind, I totally just mentioned it!

It's been such an up and down summer. On the positive side, I went to see Fleetwood Mac with some super fans It was great! Some highlights: Mick wore his Mick Balls and did an epic, eleventy minute drum solo, where he was either talking to the drums or the audience, I couldn't tell. That guy is so weird but it was great anyway! They played all the hits and at the end, Stevie called me her dreamcatcher. To be honest, she called everyone in attendance her dreamcatchers, but it doesn't make it any less special since I felt like she was speaking directly to my heart. My comadre made these gorgeous leather-feather and beads hair clips to round out our gypsy-boho-Malibu-California Gold looks. The clip part was a mini-alligator clip. I remember some neighbors of ours used to use their leather-feather-bead "hair clips" to smoke funny cigarettes.


Mick Balls!

Pup update, pupdate! Heylove came down with a really bad case of bronchitis and was sick for a month. She sounded like the sickest little goose with all the honking coughs. We took her to the vet and she got x-rays and a bunch of meds. We're almost done with the meds and she is doing a lot better. My poor girl. Luckily Rusty didn't catch it. He's like a tank. I love those dogs and it hurts my heart to see either one of them suffering.


Speaking of suffering, I have a terminal case of the Fridays today. I really wish I were home laying on the couch and watching the slow panning of black and white photographs in a Ken Burns documentary. Instead I'm here, making public service magic all day, everyday. But just so you know, I used my 15 minute break to post this from my phone.


Sent from my iPhone.

^^See???^^











No comments: