
Last night Ira asked to help me pack his lunch.
Ira: "Can I cut this cucumber?"
Me: "Sure, but wait for me and let's be really careful." [I do let him cut veggies or fruit from time to time, under strict supervision of course.]
Ira: "Don't worry mom, I'm careful. And I don't like to cut people."
Me: Leaning in close to him at eye-level I say lowly: "I don't like to cut people either, BUT I WILL IF I HAVE TO."
Ira: Takes a beat or two to understand what I said and smiled at me slyly.
Speaking of cutting, I was surprised to find that this kid very quietly cut all four permanent molars as we found out at his last dental appointment. What a tough guy. My baby is practically all grown up.
And more about tough guys - here's a picture of me and my cousin, who is now an MMA fighter. I'm really excited about his upcoming fight at Thunder Valley! As you can see I taught him everything he knows about choke holds.

No comments:
Post a Comment