Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ails


Ales or ails? Today it's ails. I have a trick neck. Sometimes it hurts really bad, other times I forget I have one. It's sort of short and stubby anyway and retreats into my body, turtle-like in front of cameras. What? It's true!

The best way to describe the pain is that the muscles that hold my head up feel extremely fatigued and I just can't bear to hold my head up any longer. I used to get the same feeling on my 50+ mile bike rides. I don't know what caused it today and it could be a number of things (bike ride last night, slept wrong, mobile phone use, the egronomics of my workstation could be out of whack). It hurts, yes. Though my range of motion is not limited. I feel well enough to work, but so annoyed by the fatigue that it makes work hard to concentrate on. I look healthy, tired maybe, but I feel awful. However necessary, not having visual pain makes taking time off seem frivilous to me.

I used to see a chiropractor for it. I got everything cracked up and then he told me to get my workstation evaluated for egronomics. It all really helped for a long time. For the last flare up, I had this massage therapist (who I picked solely for our common name, but turned out to be awesome) work on it and his techniques had me feeling pains that were on par with labor pains. It took a complete day for me to feel better after that, but I've basically been pain-free until today. Today can suck it.



2 comments:

Teeni said...

I forgot what kind of beer this is. I think it might be Rampage IPA? I can't be sure. Also, I am not sure why my duvet cover is in the background. Was I having beer in bed? Who has beer in bed?! I have never had beer in bed...that I can remember.

leon said...

I've been known to prop myself up in bed and drink a PLiny out of a fancy glass. That's how I roll sometimes. Quit stealing my pictures!