
Blossoms
Originally uploaded by riblet.
It was a nice day out. I went for a walk on my lunch break to go pick up some boots I had repaired. My walk took me through Capitol Park. It was abloom in blossoms! Against today's vibrantly blue sky and cottonball clouds, it was all so amazing! Bring it spring!
So I picked up my boots. Love! They have been restored. I had let them go too long without attention. I bought them at a thrift store and back then, they were the perfect amount of worn. In the last year, I guess I've been too rough with them. They've been through rain and about a hundred miles of walking. The soles wore through and the color around the toes faded from tawny to gray. Now, they're perfectly tawny all over, still butter soft and the soles are seriously solid.
The guy that repaired them was quite proud. Showing me the before and after photo he snapped on his phone, I couldn't believe the difference. What a craftsman!
1 comment:
Go to Russo's shoe repair on L Street. That guy rules and he won't laugh at your busted up shoes.
Post a Comment