Sunday, November 21, 2010

Viral laryngitis got me down

Mugging

Is it me, or is Ira looking a little like Kiedis in this picture?

Dude, I have laryngitis. I freaking can't talk above a whisper. This is insanely frustrating for so many reasons. First reason is having a precocious toddler. The other reasons are closely related.

When I get supremely bummed out, sometimes I find it comforting to binge-cook gourmet vittles. Here are a couple of pictures I took of two dishes, starring your favorite bitter (purple) green, radicchio.

This one is Catalan-Style Radicchio and White Beans from the
NYT via the Temporary Vegetarian Blog. It came out so delicious! The next day it was even better with cibatta and Parmesan shaved on top.




Then I did Gluten-Free Pumpkin Dumplings with Radicchio. This recipe came from NYT also, via their Well Blog. The dumplings were a crazy good match with the wilted and fresh radicchio.
Radicchio Two Ways


Blerg.

2 comments:

beckler said...

I can't believe you pointed out that your own child looks like Kiedis. You are a bad mom.

p.s.-totally looks like Kiedis (in that picture)

Teeni said...

Ooh. Parenting fail. I didn't know that was a faux pas. Oh well, this goes along with my desire to be the Dooce of Sacramento. One embarrassing/funny child incident at a time.