Tuesday, May 04, 2010

One man band


One man band
Originally uploaded by riblet.

Mornings in our house can be haarrrd and haarrsh. Just getting Ira to eat breakfast can produce monumental trantrums. If I happen to make waffles when he wanted french toast, he'll cry and whine about it for 10 minutes. I am not joking. Stop by sometime at 6:30 a.m. and you'll see. If I can even get clean clothes on him, it's a miracle (take that ICP!). Mornings with a 3 year old firecracker is not easy, but sometimes really cool things happen. These are some of them:

1. Sleepy, clingy, monkey-hugs.

2. Breakfast cuddles. He eats while sitting on my lap. It's sweet, quiet time.

3. Impromptu dance parties. This morning he requested and lip-synched along to "Green Light" by the Equals. Then we danced to "Green Onions" by Booker T. and the MGs.

Oh, kid. You're cooler than you even know.

Leggings watch: I am NOT wearing leggins today.

2 comments:

sc0ttbeardsley said...

I keep trying to tell Alice that sleepy, clingy, monkey hugs are a good thing. I'm not sure she is convinced yet. I'll have to keep trying.

Teeni said...

Don't give up!