
Lately I've been obsessed with making a sweet playlist for a yuppie-types party in 1984:
1. "Easy Lover" Phil Collins
2. "You Make My Dreams Come True" Hall & Oates
3. "Uptown Girl" Billy Joel
4. "My Best Friend's Girl" The Cars
5. "I Want to Break Free" Queen
6. "Jump" Van Halen
7. "Sunglasses at Night" Corey Hart
8. "If This Is It" Huey Lewis & The News
9. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" Yes
10. "Africa" Toto
11. "Some Guys Have All the Luck" Rod Stewart
12. "Abracadabra" Steve Miller Band
13. "Rosana" Toto
14. "Hurts so Good" John Cougar
You know. Just in case I get a chance to do any time traveling in my lifetime. Not that this is the specific year that I'd want to visit (though I can realize why it's signifgant to me), but time travel is an untested realm (look what's happning on LOST!). I can't trust that I wouldn't get stuck somewhere sucky like 1984.
3 comments:
the first 2 years i was away from cali i felt like toto were stalking me. i heard them EVERYWHERE. it was really bizarre. now when i hear them i'm filled with a panic that it's starting up again. no one needs that much toto in their life.
If it's a "music your dentist plays" theme, then you gotta add Foreigner's "Waiting for a Girl Like You."
if you have this party, I will wear my finest shoulder pads.
Post a Comment