
Authentic Mexican?
Originally uploaded by riblet.
I filled out my Census form! It wasnt as tedious as I thought it would be, but whenever I have to fill out some kind of government form which asks me to disclose my ethnicity or race, I always get so confused. A lot of forms ask first if you are either Latino/Hispanic or not Latino/Hispanic. I'm Mexican-American and so I check that box. But then when it asks you to fill in race, most forms only give you four choices: White, Black, Asian or Native American. That's a tough question. It nearly PARALYZES me with indecision. What to do? Focus! Don't freak out. While I don't identify as White, I have to check the box. Something in between like "Brown" would do just fine. Just a suggestion.
4 comments:
Just imagine what Ira will go through when he gets older.
Oscar and I put "Mestizo" in the race part! We're just as confused :) Wait til we have a kid together! Haha :D
Oh man, can you imagine the even greater levels of conservative hysteria over changing demographics if they had that as option on the census?
It would only add fuel to the fire. But I wish for a lot of things that would piss people off. Like, my own lane on the street when I'm in a hurry or free milkshakes at Gunther's when I'm feeling down.
Post a Comment