Sunday, October 04, 2009
In hospital
It sounds so exotic to say "in hospital" like they do on BBC News. Really, I'm at a hosptial, visiting my mom who is in the hospital as we Americans say. She had a bad fall (that I only recently found out about) a couple of weeks ago. In the last three days, she's been suffering bouts of total confusion. I just heard her tell the physical therapist that she was 91 years old (she's 61). It seems to be intermittent though. Earlier this morning, she seemed to be present. An array of tests, xrays ct scans and an MRI were run. So far there seems to be an indication of a small mass in or on her brain and some swelling. Once the MRI tests come back, we should know more. Right now it's a whole lot of waiting, in hospital. I just want to talk to a doctor, but it's Sunday and they seem to be so elusive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh no! I check-in so infrequently and then all this sadness! I hope you (and mom) are feeling better soon. :(
- hs
Alice and I send our best wishes. We are sad to hear that this has happened. My grams had a fall recently but it wasn't this bad. They certainly are scary. I hope everything returns to normal soon! We miss you guys.
I'm being nosy because you've been quiet on the usual channels the past few days. Man, I'm so sorry. Having a parent in the hospital is so scary and stressful. You've been so nice to me over the past year and I'm around - so don't hesitate if you need any kind of break or somebody to vent with.
Thanks everyone for the nice words.
Post a Comment