Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Tony, Tony, TONY!


I've read this blog post from Anthony Bourdain a couple of times now and it's still cracking me up. Warning though, it really is funnier if you have a general awareness of preschooler television programs. Can this guy do any wrong? Eh, probably. Though I love his show, his books, I do not see eye to eye with him on a few key things. For instance, his stance and utter dislike for non-religious vegetarians (hi!), or his disdain for Billy Joel. Hey, there are a few Billy Joel songs that are guilty pleasures of mine. And this is a deal breaker for us: I once saw him on his show, do the thing with ketchup that I can't stand. He poured it all over his fries, not a neat blob in the corner, but all over the fries like toddler gone scribble crazy with a crayon. I can't go for that and that's why it would never work out between us. But otherwise, this is one non-religious vegetarian that loves some Tony Bourdain.

On the job front: I'm still looking for something. Lately I've had a handful of interviews, all going pretty well, but nothing really coming out of them. Can't do anything but keep trying, I guess. What's killing the control freak in me is this state of uncertainty I seem to be in. I have no idea if I'm going to be unemployed for days, weeks or months and the inability to plan certain things right now is making me NUTS! Like, I wonder if I should keep shopping for Ira's daycare. He's going to need it when I get a job. Should I even show up with my $180 check in hand to register him for his parent participation preschool (meaning I have to be there) next week? If I get a job two weeks into that, there's no way they're going to refund my money. What the eff am I going to do when my unemployment benefit runs out? Pressing questions! The only solution is to probably just ride this out, try and hope for the best. All of this uncertainty and inability to control my fate just makes me want to bake bread. I know that sounds weird, but I just want to do something challenging and see success come out of it. LET GO AND LET DOUGH, MY CHILD.

3 comments:

Alice said...

that's why i'm playing this boggle-like game on my phone obsessively. i'm trying to get good at it and see success since i have no time in my life right now to do other things that would be more challenging and rewarding!

Teeni said...

It's like you just want to win at something. I totally get it. You know what sucks? It's too hot to bake bread! So I also turn to my word game on my phone: Word Warp. High score so far = 31,520!!!

Alice said...

i'm going to have to check that one out. the scores for my boggle game are too modest in comparison! a 54 is decent. although that was after i set the options to 10 minutes per game so i'd have tons of time to stare down those letters.