
Green smootie # 7
Originally uploaded by riblet.
A friend challenged me to continue on my path to getting fit by getting some more healthy greens. I think it's revenge for challenging her to the 30 Day Shred. So I've been making these crazy smoothies with lots of green things in them. Spinach, lettuce, mint, cukes, avocados, grapes and some sweet things like pineapple and peaches to make it all palatable.
I cannot tell you if I feel any change in health but it can't really be hurting me, unless you count the fact that I've been looking at the world through greenish lenses. Now every time I pass a produce section I find myself scanning the bins for potential smoothie ingredients. Hot peppers? Nah. Beet greens? Maybe! Leon mowed the lawn on Sunday and I found myself ogling the pile of yard waste he left for collection, wondering how it might go in a smoothie. I opened my wallet yesterday at Target and wondered if a dollar bill would add some hefty fiber.
I have seven more days to go on this challenge before I'm not really committed any more. While I like green smoothies and how they taste, I don't really like having an extra task to do in the morning. I could see myself making these once a week maybe.
Cheers!
1 comment:
Stick with it! Its so good for you.
Post a Comment