Thursday, November 20, 2008

WTF


Yorba Linda Fire 00288
Originally uploaded by mikekrueger.

I'm mildly obsessed with the fires in Southern California. Leon has some cousins close to one of them and they evacuated from their home on Monday. We haven't heard much about them since then, so we assume everything is okay. One thing I love about Flickr, is that whenever something is going on somewhere, someone is taking a picture of it and it's probably going to end up on Flickr. I did a search of some photos tagged with "yorba linda fire." This picture is one of many that turned up.

And I say: WTF? Is this guy updating his facebook status with his iphone? "Segway Douche is watching his house burn." I'd be running to the nearest shelter.

Okay, I think I'm just jealous of people that have Segways. They're ridiculous, but I want to ride one. Just once.

4 comments:

leon said...

From my cuz:

We had to evacuate on Saturday, but were able to come home on Sunday night. It was a scary experience - hit close to home. But, luckily we are all good & the house is still standing.

ACK said...

You can learn to ride a segway at Disneyland.

Alice said...

scott and i saw a segway rental place in napa once. i don't know if it's still in business but we were so excited at the prospect at getting to rent one!

d.c. said...

dude, when i was in washington dc in sept there was a tour group right by the air and space museum. they were all on segways wearing helmets. it was super weird. i assumed they weren't actually going to the museums but instead riding by them on their segways. why?????