Friday, February 29, 2008

Teener tiny ribs


Teener tiny ribs
Originally uploaded by riblet.

So the date is set for Heylove's surgery. Next Friday, she's getting her tail amputated. Amputated! Really, it's major surgery. The vet even referred to it as spinal surgery. Oh, man. She's so pricey, this dog. Leon and I are talking about how we're going to dress when we go to pay for the procedure. Maybe we can garner some kind of sympathy and they'll give us a big discount. We're going to dress in rags and put Ira in a flour sack, cinched at the waist. And we're going to put smudgy coal marks on our cheeks like we've been shoveling it into furnaces all day long. Then Leon's going to look over at me and I'm going to transform into a pork chop. Ok, don't feel sorry for us; feel sorry for the dog. She's going to be in a lot of pain for a few days. Then a little bit of pain for a couple of weeks. Or more.

This week my birthday came and went. I had a great time last weekend with friends and food and cake. On Wednesday (my actual birthday) I had a real wild time. First, I treated myself to a nutty taco at Sunflower, visited my parents and renewed my driver's license. When Leon came home, we had take out from Zelda's and then we hit up Gunther's for a Rocky Road sundae (with nuts and a cherry!). Later I fell asleep doing a crossword puzzle from an old New York magazine. That's how I do it. Top that!

5 comments:

Les said...

Hope Heylove's surgery is successful.

Also, happy belated b-day.

<3,
Les

Shannon said...

Niki, you are hardcore when it comes to birthdays.

Unknown said...

Aww, poor little Heylove.

I hope the 30's coal mine schtick works!

beckler said...

maybe ira can dress as a little newsie and try to sell the receptionist a paper for 5 cents? that might help. also, you could try the old trick of turning your pockets inside out and shrugging your shoulders

Teeni said...

I also thought that maybe instead of rags, Leon and I should wear barrels with suspenders. And big black shoes with holes in the toes.