Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bravery



I think that next to bungee jumping and maybe bathing a cat, cutting up a butternut squash has got to be one of the scariest things to do. I can't do one with out breaking a sweat. It seems as if the knife could slip at any moment and take a finger off. Or two.

5 comments:

Alicia Patrice said...

i think the secret is to bake it a little first, then cut.

Teeni said...

That's a great idea for soups and such, but I was cutting the flesh into "fries" for roasting. Maybe I could find some chain mail gloves.

Alice said...

i think it's scary. every time i do it i'm reminded of why i don't do it more often! just get a big knife and try to cleave it perpendicular to the length so you can cut into the pulp either horizontally or vertically. i usually put the squash on my wood block and then quickly and forcefully hack it in half!

d.c. said...

i really need to get my mind out of the gutter because i thought that that was an artsy photo of weird looking sex toys.

Alicia Patrice said...

even for fries tho, bake it just a lil.