Friday, January 11, 2008

I made a new recipe


I made a new recipe
Originally uploaded by riblet.

I think this might be a new regular meal for us. The other night I sauteed up some onions, green peppers and soyrizo until the soyrizo had about half the moisture cooked out of it and it started to look a little like hamburger meat. Meanwhile, in the oven I had sweet potato spears tossed with soy sauce, olive oil and black pepper roasting at a toasty 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. I also had some leftover quinoa from this week. When all was cooked up, I spooned the soyrizo mixture on top of the quinoa, threw some sweet potatoes on there and then topped it all with some toasted pumpkin seeds. It was incredibly delicious!

5 comments:

beckler said...

wow, it's kinda like cuisine from the yucatan, or something. the only think i ever do with soyrizo is add it to breakfast potatoes. sometimes it can be overpowering in flavor.

Shannon said...

I think you and I should team up and write a cookbook. That looks and sounds delicious!

Teeni said...

Yeah, the soyrizo flavor can hijack your meal, so I didn't season anything except the sweet potatoes.

Shannon - let's do it! We'll call our book. "Some Stuff has meat in it and some doesn't."

Alice said...

i should start cooking with soyrizo. i think i'm gonna try your recipe!

Unknown said...

Daaang. That sounds so good!


My favorite recipe lately has been something I'm guessing you'd really like. Cut a daikon radish into quarter inch slices and simmer in miso soup base until soft. You can add a bit of sugar if you like a sweeter taste, but I found I like adding chili oil more instead. Serve over brown rice!