
I don't know if Leon or I took this one, but I hope it was me. Ravegasm 2007 was so awesome that I can't even put it into words. This picture pretty much says it all.
Whoa, what a storm Friday, right? Nothing bad happened to our house, but it's probably a good idea that we start thinking about getting a new roof pretty soon. I'm just so glad none of our trees fell over.
Ira is doing pretty good. I'm perpetually obsessing about what he eats and I'm feeling really bummed out that he's not taking to eggs very well. We've tried to feed him scrambled eggs a number of times (with and without ketchup) now and he just won't take them. Same goes with cow's milk. I've had to stop buying the fancy, glass bottle organic whole milk because it's too expensive to pour it for him only to have to give it to the cats after an hour because he won't drink it. Now we just get the cheap, skinny cartons of vitamin D milk. Our cats and Heylove are stoked on all the eggs and saucers of milk they're getting though. Shiny coats all around! I'm going to have to get much sneakier on getting Ira his eggs and milk. I'm going to have my dad teach me how to make an expert cheese omelet. And if that doesn't work, I'm taking aim for the sweet tooth and reverting to french toast.
Last night I got a much needed night out with a bunch of other moms. Leaving our kids with their dads, we went to Tres Hermanas, ate and shared a couple of pitchers of margaritas. It was so fun to be without kids, catching glimpses of whom each mom really was. You just don't get that on the playground. With one eye on your toddler, it's hard to maintain an adult conversation, something I sorely miss! I am glad that many of my friends don't have kids and that our conversations don't always dissolve into diaper talk.
OK, back to my bon-bons and "stories."
6 comments:
I took it (using my trademarked technique!)
i can come over and teach you how to make a good crepe! it's easy to do and maybe if you put something ira really likes inside it he'd give it a try? they are mostly eggs with some flour and milk thrown in small amounts.
My 2.5 year old really wasn't into milk for awhile. I think she was around Ira's age (between 1 & 2). Now she sucks it down like crazy and I have to cut her off. Does he like yogurt?
Lisa, I dream of when Ira will suck down cow's milk! You're lucky to have good eaters. Ira does occasionally eat about 1/3 of a container of that Yo Baby yogurt. Sometimes he won't touch it and that stuff is not cheap! Let's just say I've eaten my share of tiny banana and vanilla flavored yogurts.
Okay, so I'm just leaving comment after comment, but...
A is having a fussy eating period just now, too. Seriously? All he'll eat is applesauce, expensive greek yogurt, mozzarella cheese sticks and english muffins with peanut and apple butter. He won't drink anything, either and the doctor suggests that we just keep pushing the cottage cheese and yogurt in the meantime. Don't worry so long as the diapers are still producing! Are you "sneaking" stuff in? (ie: I evilly mix broccoli puree into his applesauce, etc.) Anyway, according to my mom, all I ate was shrimp cocktail growing up - and I turned out (relatively) okay. Kids and their quirks!
- HS
Haha. My kids are pretty horrible eaters. The little one would live on goldfish crackers if she could.
It seems that a lot of kids have these "food jags." I know it's frustrating though. I now have 2 kids that say "yuck" anytime we try to give them something a little different or new.
There have been nights that they have had toast for dinner, I'm sorry to say, by their request
Post a Comment