
boo!
Originally uploaded by bugbiteme.
There's too much to update this blog with! Let's see if I can break it down.
Baby:
Ira is saying more words lately. Well, they don't always sound like the words they're supposed to be, but I understand the intent. He can say duck, but it sounds like "uck." The same goes for truck. He also loves to point out balls every where. Any place he sees a round, orb shape, he exclaims "ba!" It's pretty cute. He's also been saying hot and waving his hand around when he goes near the stove or heater. "Ott! Ott!" And bubble. He loves bubbles. He waves his hands in front of him, which is kind of close to the baby sign for bubbles, and says "buh!" He thinks it's hilarious when I try to bite the bubbles as they float by our faces. And of course there's still his favorite word, dada. Every morning when he wakes up, he says "dada!" He still only says mama when he cries. Let's see. After all those new words, he's walking a lot better and loves playing pretend. Any spatula or oblong object becomes Ira's guitar. He'll pick it up and strum it, sing a little and then throw his pointer finger in the air and say "bock!" We're pretty sure he's trying to say rock and throw devil's horns. Serious!
Parties:
I'm dead tired. But not all from taking care of Ira. I've been going to holiday parties for the last three weekends in a row. That's a lot for me! Oy, I guess I'm just out of practice. We went to two of these parties without Ira and one with. The one we took Ira to was too stressful with me! I really couldn't enjoy myself and chase a baby around all night. On top of that, the hosts had super gorgeous furniture and decorations; so much of it vintage and no doubt pricey. I let Ira walk around, but had to follow him and quickly baby proof a few things as we went along. I'm sure later as our friends were cleaning up they might have wondered why their remote controls, lighters, bowls of peanuts and car keys were found on higher surfaces than they left them. Also, sorry to the guy who left his spiked egg nog on the floor. I put it by the sink. The last thing I need is a belligerent baby. He already gets pretty fussy.
Food:
I ate. So. Much. Food! But it was all so delicious. Tamales, baked treats, enchiladas, chili, spaghetti, monster quesadillas.
Holiday:
We had christmas eve with my aunt and cousins (tamal making), then ended the night with Leon's family for cocoa and presents. Christmas we spent at my mom and dad's place then went back over to my cousin's again to eat the tamales we made. Ira got a lot of really nice presents. I got a few things to help me work on my fitness. Heylove and the cats got a laser pointer, which they love. The cats chase the little red dot and Heylove chases the cats. I love watching them all scramble for it. It's probably more of a present for me.
See you next year.
2 comments:
i want to know about your fitness stuff. and, can i come over and play with the laser pointer too? i love that shit!
TAMALES!
Of course we miss you guys, but we are totally pining for those tamales...mmm!
- HS
Post a Comment