Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The stats


He really likes it
Originally uploaded by riblet.

I know better than to get hung up on percentiles. Percentiles are the vague-ish numbers that tell you where your baby ranks in height, weight and head circumference compared to other babies. Ira is kind of all over the place. In the upper and lower percentiles for different things. So, even though the numbers don't really matter as long as the baby follows his or her own growth curve, I always get a little nervous to see where Ira fits in all that.

Here's what the doc said at today's appointment:

Overall cuteness: 90th percentile
Wardrobe: 51st percentile
Stinky poop: 15th percentile
Appetite: 72nd percentile
Grumpiness: 5th percentile

That's my boy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! your doctor checks all the important stuff! personally, i'd put ira closer to the 100th percentile on cuteness.

a. just got all the usual measurements - then he ate all the paper on the examining table. i was embarrassed, but she said that paper-munching is a good sign. whatev.
- hs

Teeni said...

Wouldn't that make me guilty of nepotism? Ok, I'm guilty! He's in the 100th percentile for cuteness.

Anonymous said...

What about funny baby facial expressions? THat probably falls under "cuteness" though...

cam

werenotdeep said...

I love how that picture looks like he has a cigarette holder up to his mouth and the facial expression combined with that basically says "So long, Suckers!"