Uh oh. I had a mild case of baby amnesia today. Holding tiny Ira as he was waking up for a nap, the warmth and small heft of him resting on my shoulder made my heart nearly explode for the want of another baby someday. Then he started crying and I pretty much snapped out of it. One is enough for now.
The new adorable thing he's doing is a kind of laugh. He makes a really cute squeal when you get him to smile pretty big. Here's what Ira thinks is funny:
1. Touching his face
2. Moving his arms
3. His crib mobile
4. The monkey hanging over his activity mat
5. Surprising us with spit up
And now for the big news. He had his first big sleep and snoozed through the night this weekend! On Saturday, he slept from 12:30 am until 5:45 am. Stoked!! He woke up totally ravenous and I felt so refreshed. I haven't slept more than 3 hours since this kid was born.

2 comments:
I was just looking at some of the old Ira photos and it is amazing how much he has grown!
Soon you will be in the nice phase where they mostly sleep through the night, are super cute and stationary. Enjoy that while it lasts. But it's never as hard as the first few months. Babies are addicting. I'd love a third, just don't know where we'd put one...
Post a Comment