Friday, January 19, 2007

Mush


Snow Baby
Originally uploaded by bugbiteme.

It's been a long while. So hard to blog with a baby in one arm. Here's what's been happening:

Ira has been getting really fun. He's so much less like a fetus and more like a baby. He's smiling tons, holding his head up and sleeping really well. Except for today. Today he's been a horrible sleeper. He hasn't napped longer than an hour all afternoon. I feel like I've been entertaining this baby the whole day and I'm beginning to run out of material here. We're singing songs, going for car rides, taking walks...it's not really working. Hopefully my second string walks through the door soon.

Last weekend we went up to Tahoe. Baby's first snow trip! He did fine. I just strapped him to my chest and he stayed warm and cozy.

Hmm, what else? Cooking. I made a recipe out of Vegetarian Times last night. It was a near disaster! Our oven crisp black bean flautas broke all apart. Luckily, I was able to save a few of them. Oh well. Lesson learned: When life deals you bunk flautas, make tortilla soup.

No comments: