Monday, December 18, 2006

Chappy Chanukkah!


Leon made us latkes for breakfast on Sunday from grandma Manichevitz's special recipe. Yum!! Well, that's the most Jewish thing we did for the holiday so far. We have two menorahs, but no candles to light them with. Where the heck do you get candles this late anyway? Sometimes I have a hard time finding them at all. Maybe Wishing Well has them again this year. Oh, but to take a quick trip to pick some up! Quick trips are not an option for me as long as I've got babe in arms, in car seat, in stroller. Remind me why again it's frowned upon to leave Ira in the crate with Heylove while I go run errands? She's a smart dog and if she can be trained to give a high-five, babysitting is not that far off.

Just look at this riblet.

She'd take good care of him, don't you think?

9 comments:

ACK said...

It is kind of jacked that they don't sell them in the grocery store. I only saw one kind at Target and they were UGLY.

Teeni said...

The ones at Wishing Well last year were ugly, too. Rainbow colors? That's probably cool for little kids. I prefer the classy blue and white ones.

beckler said...

I guess the nugget has them. That probably doesn't help.

Teeni said...

I miss working by the Nugget in West Sac! Becky, if you go to the one in Davis, try one of their piccolo loafs. It's this really skinny bagguette-type bread that's made with cheese and garlic. It's about $1.50. Sabrina turned me on to it.

ACK said...

I love that cheese they sell at the Nugget that Sabrina also turned me on to. That kind from Seattle...Beechmans? Beechers? Something like that.

Teeni said...

Oooh, Beecher's! Their flagship cheese is sooo good. Sharp and a little salty. It's a good melter and makes a killer grilled cheese. They also have it at the co-op for a dollar a pound cheaper than Nugget. Mmmm.

ACK said...

Are you sure they have it at the Co-op? I have checked before and they never sell the flagship, only some other type of Beechers cheese.

Teeni said...

Positive. I saw it there yesterday and have bought it there before. They have Flagship, Just Jack, some other kind and two kinds of cheese curd.

Anonymous said...

I think Corti Bros has Beechers too although the co-op has the best price. It is pricey but worth it for a treat...