Monday, November 13, 2006

First day


So today is our first day on our own. Leon's back at work and it's just me,
Ira and Heylove. Thank goodness the dog practically takes care of herself. So far, everything is fine so long as I can get things done with baby in one hand.

Well, some friends are asking what this is like, this being a mom thing and how I'm doing. It's true, all the cheesy things that people say about having kids. It's amazing, it's life affirming, it puts everything else in your life into a different perspective. It's also a lot of worry! I'm contstantly worrying, am I doing everything right? Is he getting enough to eat? Is he comfortable? Is the oven a safe place to keep him warm? It's all a little overwhelming sometimes. I love it though. I love Ira so much that it makes my heart want to explode and coat everything around me with gooey love. Okay, enough about babies!

On Saturday, I was so stoked to get out. I went to Katy's going away party and caught the last part of the 4 Eyes set. Man, it was the greatest! I really wished I could have had a frosty cold beer, but I'm still on meds from the HELLP. It was my first party/show since having baby and I felt a little akward and stiff without a cold one to swig from. I still had fun though.

I've been watching too much TV lately. It feels so wrong, but what else is there to do? Not much at this point, since baby eats so often. But I caught a couple of episodes of Commited: The Christies show. In a nutshell: SNORING! The production quality of the show is totally phoned in. The audio is bad, the boom mike is visible in many of the shots, there are errant sequences of bad animation and when they need to blur someone's face out, they use a black dot that you can totally see through. On top of all that, the Christie's life is pretty boring. They keep showing them being interviewed by various media, but it's always the same questions and answers.

Zzzz.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it was such a treat to see you out Niki! glad you had fun.

just an fyi, there's never too much baby. cute pictures, good stories, you name it. and i'm pretty sure, the oven is an acceptable napping place. as long as it's not gas.

beckler said...

yes, please post any baby stories that you have. i'm never going to pop one out so i'm very curious as to what it's like. how is heylove reacting?

leon said...

hey becky.. you should come over and meet the baby sometime!