Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Orange squashy things


First orange squashy thing: our pumpkin this year. A couple years running we had some fun ones, Homestar Runner characters, MF Doom's mask...but this year we couldn't decide what to do. Finally I channelled some mellow energy and freestyled a unicorn on this year's pumpkin and Leon carved it out. Voila. A touch of whimsy!

Second orange squashy thing: Anasazi butternut squash soup via heckasac, from epicurious.com.


It came out pretty good. We made all the appropriate vegetarian subsitutions though with soyrizo and veggie broth. Another modification I had to make was adding a little oil in with the onion and garlic sautee because soyrizo does not render the ammount of fat that regular chorizo does. My only complaint is that this one took forever to prep.

Labor watch 2006 update!
Teeni's intuition says baby Neon is hatching in the next 3-7 days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the newest little Levy pumpkin!
Congratulations- love you guys!

werenotdeep said...

He looks just like both of you, but I see a lot of Leon in him, especially the hair and the big hands!

Cutest baby! Congratulations, Mom Niki!

lisa ninja said...

Congrats! I hope everyone is doing well and you're getting at least a little sleep.