
Oy. 37 weeks! That means I'm full term and baby Neon can pretty much hatch any day now. Not much new is going on this week except major baby and money anxiety. I have developed a bad pattern of waking up at 4 or 5 am and staying up. Here's everyone else on the 37 week flickr stroll.
I've got a lazy baby. Since Sunday, he hasn't been moving much. At first I wasn't too, too worried. I was really active on Sunday (walking around SF) and Monday (cleaning house), so I thought that baby was just chilling. So after I ate breakfast yesterday morning, and didn't feel the usual vigorous kicks, I started to worry. Then after a trip to Ikea, I grabbed a cinnamon roll. P.S., they're never as good as they smell. So when the cinnamon roll didn't get baby moving, I decided to call the doctor's office. They sent me directly to the hospital for assesment. I sat strapped up to a couple of monitors for an hour or so while they checked the heartbeat, movements and contractions (every 7 minutes at the hospital). Turns out baby is just fine, only lazy. We hit up Tres Hermanas for some spicy tamales afterwards and before dinner was even over, baby perked right up with a fetal mexican hat dance. Phew. I guess he doesn't have much room to move around in anymore.
5 comments:
They told me the same thing - that he's just getting too snug inside! I go back to the doctor today to see if we can't figure out some weight/measurements via ultrasound. SO READY!!! :) You look great, btw!
- hs
Wow, I am so excited for you all!
feel free to call me anytime now!
Damn lazy-ass babies!
Taking after Leon already, eh. Heh heh.
Post a Comment