Friday, July 14, 2006

Not ready to think about this yet


I still don't feel quite ready to start buying all kinds of baby gear, but I had to get myself started somehow. I got this not-too-cutesy, but nice looking bedding for the crib that we haven't even bought yet. So there, green/pear. Those are the colors I can finally tell our families.

It's mind-boggling what we still have to buy. Between car seats and strollers, monitors and who knows how many different types of blankes and pads. I'm feeling so overwhelmed.

3 comments:

ACK said...

That is why you need to have a BIG shower. That way most of that stuff will be covered for you!

lisa ninja said...

Don't sweat it too much, half of the stuff you hardly end up using. With the second kid, I never even put the crib bumper in the crib. They don't really need it and it makes it harder to change the crib sheets! I always thought it was fun to shop for all of the baby stuff, though. I know this is total cliche, but they do grow up so fast *sniff*

Anonymous said...

FYI - The bumper doesn't fit non-standard crib slats - I'm having trouble figuring out a way to make my own Dwell stuff sit right without giving the baby SIDS! The shopping part is supposed to be fun, don't stress too much about it :) Good luck!

- hs