Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back from nature


Here's the 22 week picture of me in the wild. Well, really I'm on the Bunny Flats trailhead. It was murder on my poor back to walk up to this point, which is only about 100 feet from the parking lot. Anyway, I don't feel like I've gotten much bigger since last week. Here's a flickr stroll through other ladies at 22 weeks. Just showing how different everyone looks at this point and trying to convince myself to stop comparing.

So we went to Mount Shasta and stayed with the family-types out on their "prop-a-dee." They had a sweet barn for us to stay in because the local campsites were packed with out of towners. Hooray for sympathy towards pregnant ladies and looking after their coziness! I had really wanted to do some swimming, but since all the lakes and rivers are basically snow run-off up there, the water was too arctic for me to get into. I did get in some light hiking (ouch) and major relaxing (ahh).

Brisket was doing her best impression of a country dog. When she wasn't trying to bite the horses, she was eating sweet pea grass and running the trails with Leon. She wore herself out so bad, she's still sleeping it all off. I'd like to be doing the same, but honestly, I'm pretty glad to be back in town, where if you have on flip flops, your feet don't instantly get covered in dirt the minute you step outside.

7 comments:

Alice said...

in another month the yuba should be warm enough for a swim on a hot day. we will have to go up there and give you a prenatal water massage followed by some shamanic incantation of the fertility goddesses. and then we can get ice cream at this place beardsley took me to last year.

beckler said...

the yuba is already warm enough! i swam there on saturday, it felt great.

Alice said...

rad! i've got to get up there and take a dip. some of my best memories of last summer involve the yuba river.

Teeni said...

Yuba! I'm down for it anytime. Alice, can you also help me unlock my 5th chakra? Or maybe the ice cream will do that.

Anonymous said...

yuba! yuba! yuba!

can we do it on a Saturday after like 2?

Alice said...

of course katy!!

Alicia Patrice said...

ME ME! i wanna go. then we can also give her some pregnant lady yoga!