
When I went to Seattle the last couple of times, I visited Beecher's Handmade Cheeses there over by the fish thrower guys. They have an amazing flagship cheese. It's an aged semi-hard cheese, sharp tasting with a smooth undertone and the texture, while slicable by a cheese plane, is pretty crumbly. It melts beautifully for grilled cheese. So I had been missing that cheese so bad I almost ordered it online from the source on a couple of occasions. Come to find out (thanks sabs) that Nugget carries it! So I went to Nugget one lunch break and totally geeked out about it like a cheese groupie with the market's cheesemonger. But at $16.99 per pound, I can't afford it too often. Then I found it at the co-op for $13.99 per pound! Cheaper by a little, it's still kind of pricey. So all this time, right under my nose Flagship! How could you hide from me like that? I'm halfway through my second block of it right now.
3 comments:
I'm amazed that you found anything cheaper at the co-op
Too true. Usually the co-op will charge you double what anyone else does then lay a guilt trip on you for not being a member or requesting a bag.
Oh and if I could reply to my own post again, this cheese is a good one to have with fruit.
Post a Comment